- increased mucus formation,
- ineffective cough,
- bronchopulmonary infection.
Goal: Achievement of client airway clearance
Nursing Interventions Ineffective airway clearance:
- Give the patient 6 to 8 glasses of fluid / day unless there is a cor pulmonale.
- Teach and give encouragement use of diaphragmatic breathing and coughing techniques.
- Assist in the provision of action nebulizer, metered dose inhalers.
- Perform postural drainage with percussion and vibration in the morning and evening according to the required.
- Instruct patient to avoid irritants such as cigarette smoke, aerosols, temperature extremes, and smoke.
- Teach about the early signs of infection should be reported to your doctor immediately: increased sputum, change in sputum color, viscosity of sputum, increased shortness of breath, chest tightness, fatigue.
- Give antibiotics as required.
- Give encouragement to patients to immunize against influenzae and Streptococcus pneumoniae.